There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Sustainable Buildings Canada and iiSBE Canada are proud to host SBE16Toronto, part of the pre-eminent international Sustainable Built Environment conference series on sustainable building and construction. SBE16Toronto is the only SBE Conference to be held in the Americas in 2016.
Twenty-five years ago, sustainable design was considered a vaguely interesting novelty in the building world. Today, it is a critical component in the future well being of the planet, and central to the design, construction and operation of the built environment. The recent past has seen sustainable design evolve in several related ways:
- Transition from the theme of “doing less harm” to ”doing greater good”
- Restoring and regenerating living systems
- Bringing resiliency to the new climate realities
- Integrating buildings into the larger context of communities and districts
The list above implies a complex set of parameters, challenges and opportunities. Future development will be called upon to address all of them in an integrated way.
CALL FOR PAPERS (DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS EXTENDED TO OCT 20 2015):
With those parameters in mind, we are pleased to issue this call for scientific papers and workshop proposals in the following streams:
- Systems-thinking approaches, strategies and frameworks: District systems, integrated design process (IDP), integrated project delivery (IPD), cascading resources, etc.
- Renovating and repurposing: Existing buildings, clusters and infrastructure
- Designing in a Cyclical Ecosystem: From materials to new technologies to cities
- Efficiency and self-sufficiency: Conservation, measurement and performance in everything from resources to cities
- Density challenges/opportunities: Accommodating population growth in a finite world
Please select from the five themes submission windows below, and enter your scientific paper abstract or workshop proposal before the October 20 2015 deadline. Multiple entries are permitted.
For more information, contact SBE16Toronto@sbcanada.org.
We look forward to reviewing your submission.
The Sustainable Built Environment conference series is considered to be the pre-eminent international conference series on sustainable building and construction. Previously known as the SB conferences, the series includes a major global conference (World Sustainable Built Environments - WSBE) every three years (last held in Barcelona in 2014, and next to be in Hong Kong in 2017), and regional conferences (Sustainable Built Environments - SBE) held during the year preceding the WSBE conferences.
The series places a core emphasis on peer-reviewed papers, presentations of regional policy papers, displays of pre-evaluated projects and a small number of high-quality commercial exhibits. These events also provide fast-track inclusion of the best technical papers from the national/regional conferences into the global event. Visit http://iisbe.org/ for more information.